Ratchaburi with Standard Chartered Bank
The central aim of this project was to reforest unproductive land at various locations around Thailand increasing habitats for wildlife, prevention of erosion and to increase local access to forest products.
Main goals of the project:
- Regenerate a degraded area with native trees
- Rebuild a natural forest by planting trees suitable to the local area
- Restore biodiversity to the immediate area by providing a habitat for native animals
- Regenerate and secure topsoil
- Take action against climate change – trees absorb carbon dioxide, a key greenhouse gas, from our atmosphere and store the carbon while releasing oxygen. Forests act as carbon sinks and one tree can store between 500kg – 1 tonne of CO2 over its lifetime
- Participate with the communities in environmental activities, leading to quality of life improvement for the communities.
- Provide a meaningful, fun and rewarding opportunity for participants to give back to the environment by volunteering their time to plant trees
To find out more about this project, just click here
More from our archives
A series of blog posts that tell our story